For those of you who would like a jumpstart on learning all about Big Blue Button- the safe, secure way to hold online video conferences with your students- I’ve got good news! I will be hosting two trainings this weekend!
Why Use BBB?
Big Blue Button (BBB) is a video conferencing tool that is tied into iLearn (Moodle). It only allows students who are enrolled in the course access, and gives the teacher a wide variety of customizing video conferences. Some of the highlights of BBB are:
- interactive whiteboard
- automatically mute participants upon entering the room
- participants cannot join the conference without the teacher
- once the teacher ends the conference, it cannot be rejoined
- presentations-such as slideshows, documents and videos- can be shared
- sessions can be scheduled to begin and end at a certain time
- sessions can be restricted to only certain groups
- there is a shared notes section that can be enabled or disabled
- chat can be enabled or disabled
- attendance can be taken with a click of a button
- participants can be blocked, if necessary
- teachers can create breakout rooms for group work
- and much, much more!
If you are interested in a crash course on BBB this weekend, please fill out the form below. Then, check your mailbox for directions on how to enter the room. Note: directions will be sent at least one hour before the start of the session, so if you don’t get them right away, check back later!
If you can’t access the form below, here’s the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdhwxBb8JojBroBsyvuhfKMbZbwBUP86Kro61Z1BFKRDqYwpg/viewform?usp=sf_link
Times are Saturday, April 25th at 11:00 am and Sunday, April 26th at 2:00 pm.
As always, if you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com.