Make your materials accessible today
Here are 4 things you can do to make your materials accessible today:
- Use styles
Using Styles in Google Docs
- Open a document in Google Docs.
- Select the text you want to change.
- Click Format and then Paragraph styles.
- Click a text style: (Normal text, Title, Heading 1-6, etc.)
- Click Apply ‘text style’
- Enter alternative text (“alt-text” for images)
- Use contrasting colors between your text and background
- Use sans-serif fonts, with sizes greater than 12 pt for documents/pages and 24 pt for presentations
- Make links meaningful
Check the accessibility of your site
The following tool will give you a comprehensive overview of your site or online materials. Simply enter the URL into the search engine.Wave by Web AIM